No Emotion Works resources at home? No problem!
Over the next few weeks I’m going to be reminding you all about the different cogs using activities that don’t need you to have Emotion Works resources at home. I can show you pictures and film clips of the resources being used, so you don’t need anything special to join in.
First of all – let’s get you all set up with a cog shaped template that will come in handy for a lot of the activities I’ll be posting.
The instructions are in the slideshow below. Click on the arrows to move between slides.
You will need:
- Some scrap cardboard such as an empty cereal box or a birthday card
- A pen, pencil, rubber and some colouring pencils
- A ruler
- A bowl with a diameter of around 10-12 cm
Some extra ideas
- Show this page to a parent or someone else who lives with you and ask them to help you or make their own cog template.
- Make a few cog templates in different sizes – they’ll come in handy!
- Create your own set of ‘how to’ instructions – I made mine in powerpoint with photos I took of my son making a template and then I added some text boxes and arrows. But you could draw and write yours on paper, or use a different way to do it on a tablet or computer.
Send me a message in the comment box below, to let me know how you got on with this. What do you think we’re going to be using the cog template for?
If you want to share a photo of your template or ‘how to’ instructions you can post it on a school or parent’s twitter account tagging @emotionworksCIC using the hashtag #EWcogtemplate.